Welcome to the Church and Society Committee’s pages. Over the weeks and months ahead, details of the committee’s work will be posted on these pages – please be patient while we upload information.
The committee’s remit is to:
- advise Synod and local churches in all matters concerning the church’s relations to society and in particular to national institutions in Scotland;
- engage, as appropriate, in the Scottish Parliament‘s consultative procedure and to work with the Scottish Churches’ Parliamentary Office;
- maintain a two-way communication with the URC General Assembly committee(s) covering this remit;
- maintain a two-way communication with the relevant committee in the URC National Synod of Wales;
- promote understanding of and engagement in matters of racial justice;
- support the work of Eco-Congregation Scotland to advise Synod and local churches of relevant environmental matters;
- support the work of the Scottish Churches’ Rural Group and to advise Synod and local churches of relevant rural matters.
For more details of the committee’s work, please click on the following links:
Thank you for visiting the committee’s pages and please check back again soon.